Facebook is the huge behemoth people drop into daily conversation. But, are businesses capitalizing enough on fan engagement and following? Here are seven ways to assist in garnering attention, capturing interest and keeping those followers:
- Website: include a link on each page of your site. Or, include a scrolling log of Facebook updates (see example here)
- E-Mails: send regular e-mail marketing campaigns to your subscriber list notifying them that you’re on Facebook and post updates to your business on a regular basis.
- Promotions: Third Party Affiliates such as Wildfire or a less expensive solution called North Social partners with Facebook’s interface to provide promotions. Just about anything can be offered, from a Sweepstakes to a Deal Share. Fans are looking for info that’s not just relevant to your business, but what’s in it for them.
- Promoted Posts: Facebook recently started allowing businesses to promote their posts for a flat fee, see article here. Facebook estimates that only 16 percent of all posts are seen by the intended audience. Therefore, promoting your content can go a long way to increase engagement.
- In-Store Signs (for brick and mortar locations): strategically placed signs that encourages your presence on Facebook can be placed near the cash register or front door. In fact, you can even have cashiers mention to customers to “like us” on Facebook. Quick, easy and most importantly free.
- E-Mail Signature: place an icon on your outgoing e-mails to customers, vendors, anyone you might do business with
- Ask Questions: people love to engage with a brand or business that they love. Why not ask them questions that solicits feedback. Heck, you can even use it as Market Research! And, when they do interact, that interaction will appear on their friends’ newsfeeds.
Number 8 Communications provides social media strategy and consultations for small to mid-size businesses. If you have further questions or would like assistance on growing your fan count, please let us know.